You Are Reading

7

The Sound Mind: Its all about you.

Unknown Saturday, January 26, 2013
The Sound Mind: Its all about you.

Welcome to The Sound Mind. My name is Rody (pronounced just like the your favorite bands gear lugger) and I am here to help you learn and discover. The cliche "jack of all trades, master of none," is becoming obsolete in the era of Web 2.0. It is more important than ever that we attain a variety of skills in order to succeed, Im here to help guide you.

Being a 28 year old musician with 20 years experience, it goes without saying that music is my life. At age 6 my grandfather fostered my curiosity of music, even before that my family and teachers were constantly at ends with me for turning my pencils, eating utensils, tables and desk into musical instruments. When I was 5 years old I was punished severely for turning a cheese grater and plastic hair pick into a fish ( and yes a fish or guira is a musical instrument):  Fish (guira) wiki.
Even though the hair pick and grater didn't survive, my curiosity for music survived and grew. 

I was the youngest student to ever join our school band when at age 8 my classroom teacher attempted to curtail my desk drumming by sending me to the band room to watch the 6th graders. While the school had Latin percussion instruments they had no one to play them, it was an easy decision for the teacher to bring me in when I could play an instrument she was unable to teach. While I was called gifted and a prodigy early on, I like to think that I was fortunate and blessed. My grandfather planted a seed, which was then fostered for 11 years playing every instrument our church band had when I was growing up.

I have had the pleasure of playing alongside many bands including a few years with Grammy nominated latin/top 40 group while serving in the Marines. There I met the person who inspired me to pursue audio production and engineering.  I spent years recording music and sound, while working and going to community college. It was not until I saw myself laid off and unemployed in 2009 that I decided to leave Architecture and pursue my passion more seriously. I decided to get a Bachelors in Audio Production.

I am now graduating very soon and interning as an assistant engineer at one of Chicago’s most sought after recording studios. I also work freelance mixing and recording. You do not need to go to school and spend nearly $100,000 to become an audio professional (even though it helps immensely) and I will help you learn how. I'll even show you where to take intro audio online classes for free from Berklee. But that will be in my next post so please subscribe!

It is my mission to bring you quality resources, news, videos, and tools to help you learn to produce better sound, or even become an audio professional. Subscribe for entertaining and engaging reviews, videos, and more, but life moves at the speed of sound so lets get started!

7 comments:

i CAN, i WILL, i AM said...

Wow your blog looks great! Looking forward to your posts ;) Oh and nice picture too!

Rich Rude said...

Very nice bro. I need you to help me get my blog set up like this. Keep it going bro.

Rich Rude said...

Looks good bro! I could use your help getting mine up to this caliber.Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

Hey Rich. Thank you, Im glad you like it. Let me know what I can do to help.

Unknown said...

Thank you i AM. Ill make sure to bring you the best content I can find.

DAW World said...

Yo Rody, Im loveing he blog. You have taken this project to the upmost level and have inspired me to get my blog up to to par. Thanks for setting the bar high, and keep up the good work. Cool, honest tips too.

Unknown said...

Thank you, much appreciated. Anything I can do to help just let me know I am more than glad to help.

 
Copyright 2010 The Sound Mind